Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Boys Boys Boys ( Part 1 )

"Don't play guitar to impress somebody... unless that somebody is really hot." - Brad Paisley

Okay so, in case you haven't guessed, dear readers, I have decided that I will start and end each post with a quote. This quote may or may not have any relevance to what it is I write about in the post.
This one does. My friend, Max, is reading this book that had this quote in it. He showed it to me during reading period and I thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Since we're talking about Max I might as well tell you that it's possible I have a crush on him. He thinks I like this other guy, Cade Which is partially true, I mean I do sort of like him. I don't think I'll ever have the courage to tell Max or Cade how I feel, so it doesn't really even matter.
I just wish that something would go right.
Most of my friends right now, either have a boyfriend or are in that "I WANT A BOYFRIEND SOOOOO BAD" stage. Honestly, I still think I'm too young to have a relationship. I don't think I could handle it. I mean, with school, there comes homework and studying, and I'm a straight A student and I'm involved in so many extra-curricular activities that, I wouldn't even have time for that. I barely have time to hangout with my friends! That's only one reason. If you read any of my other posts, you'll have a basic idea of what kind of a person I am. I have trust issues. ( See: Little White Lies ) But really, everyone seems to these days, and that's sad.
ANYWAYS, back on track, I have trust issues, and that ruins relationships.
I had a boyfriend once, Beck. He was a great guy, super sweet, caring, funny, and he loved me, what more could a girl ask for ? After only about a week and a half of dating, I got scared, and I broke up with him. I don't remember what I said to him about why I was breaking up with him, but it was a lie.
The truth is, I broke up with him because I WAS SCARED. Because I "loved" him. I didn't want him to break my heart so I did it myself.
We moved on, we're very close friends now. I've never stopped loving him, sure, it's kind of faded into more of a friend kind of love.
But in this little place in the back of my heart, I know that it's still there, the part of me that loves him as more than a friend. I don't plan on telling anyone that. For some reason I seem to think that if I keep it a secret it will go away.
* There's quotations around the word love because I'm not really sure that I loved him. At the time, I thought I did, but I don't really think it was love.

Alright, that's it for today, but I've decided this is going to be an on-going thing. My rants about boys.

“I don't know," I said. "What else did you do for your first eighteen years?"
"Like I said," he said as I unlocked the car, "I'm not so sure that you should go by my example."
"Why not?"
"Because I have my regrets," he said. "Also, I'm a guy. And guys do different stuff."
"Like ride bikes?" I said.
"No," he replied. "Like have food fights. And break stuff. And set off firecrackers on people's front porches. And..."
"Girls can't set off firecrackers on people's front porches?"
"They can," he said... "But they're smart enough not to. That's the difference.”
― Sarah Dessen, Along for the Ride


 Just a note to say that any names I've used in any of my blog posts are not real. The people are real and once I come up with an alias for that person, if I mention them again in one of my blog posts, it'll be under the same alias.
This does not include when I talk about Celebrities or Book Characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment