Saturday, March 17, 2012

The 3am Friend

I think I finally realized why.
Why I'm ALWAYS there for everyone even though they're hardly ever never there for me.
And what I just said is why. 
I know what it feels like. To want someone to be there for you, but no one ever is. 
So I'm that friend. The one you can call at 3 in the morning to cry to, because you know they'll listen. The one who'll show up at your door with romantic comedies and chocolate after you've been through a bad break-up. The one who'll send you a rose on Valentine's day, just so you can feel loved. The one who'll share her snack with you when you forgot your lunch, even if she herself hasn't eaten all day. The one who will listen to you vent about your problems for hours on end. The one who puts up with you talking about the same guy day after day after day. The one who is there for you, anytime, anyplace, no matter what. I'm that girl.
But, I don't have anybody who would do that for me.
Sometimes it makes me angry. Knowing that I'm always there for them but they don't care to return the favor.
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I left. If I just stopped talking to them. Would they care? Would they miss me? Would they even notice? 
Everyone's always asking me questions. It's like, they just expect me to know the answer. And, I usually do. But, why? Why do they expect me to know everything? I don't! I don't know everything!
Do I not deserve a friend like that?
Is it really so much to ask? I just want a real, true, best friend.
I just want that friend, that I can call at 3am, knowing they'll pick up and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment