Tuesday, October 9, 2012

You May Say I'm A Dreamer But I'm Not The Only One

Let's have a moment of silence for Mr. John Lennon folks.
He would have been 72 years old today. I first heard of John 
Lennon 5 years ago when I was introduced to a wonderful band called the Beatles. (and by introduced, I mean introduced to their music, obviously not the actual members.) You all know I'm only 15, so yes this means I was 10 when I first started loving the Beatles. Let it Be was the first song I really got into, and then after a few years I was hooked. Imagine was the first song I heard by John Lennon. And to this day, Let it Be is still my favourite Beatles song and Imagine is still my favourite John Lennon song. Now, most people don't know this about me but John Lennon shows up everywhere in my everyday life. Obviously, he's in the name of my blog url johnlennonforlife.blogspot.ca, he's also in my twitter bio "Life is what happens when you're making plans." -JL, https://twitter.com/Starrgiirl, a quote from Imagine is on my tumblr, "You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one." http://starrgiirl97.tumblr.com, I have two different emails that have "johnlennon" in them. And another funfact, random facts about him are the passwords to many of my accounts for different sites. Without even realizing until right now, John Lennon, even though he's not with us today, is a huge part of my, and many other fans lives. There's a quote from a song called Candle in the Wind that would fit in nicely here "Your candle burnt out long before, your legend ever did." So in case you were curious, you now know where the "johnlennonforlife" came from. That's all for now, I'll leave you with some music to remember this idol who will forever hold a place in our hearts. And also check out this website for some of his best quotes http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/john-lennons-20-best-quotes_n_1949665.html.


No comments:

Post a Comment